What is Casambi?
Casambi provides a modern wireless lighting control solution based on Bluetooth Low Energy. Key aspects of the Casambi solution are great user experience, high performance and scalability from basic individual fixture controls to industrial scale solutions with cloud based remote control, monitoring and data logging.
There are a number of Casambi enabled products available from Holders. All these products can work seamlessly together to form a mesh network.
Why come to Holders Components?
- We are the only distributor to offer the entire Casambi Ecosystem
- Single source for hardware, technical support and advice on all Casambi enabled products
- Integration of lighting and control solutions – providing a comprehensive approach to Bluetooth technology
- Pre-programming of unique fixture IDs and networks giving customers a plug & play advantage
- On-site commissioning, problem solving & training service
- Troubleshooting for customers who choose to commission themselves
- Next delivery on most products
Casambi Enabled Products:
More about Casambi:
The Casambi solution is based on Bluetooth Low Energy, the state-of-the-art wireless technology and the only low power wireless technology in all modern smartphones, tablets and even smart watches, making it the only mainstream and future proof low power radio technology in the world.
Bluetooth Low Energy was developed at Nokia Research Center where the founders of Casambi worked. That’s why Casambi has had the unique advantage in realising the potential of Bluetooth Low Energy early on. Casambi started the development of the solution before there were any Bluetooth Low Energy devices on the market.
The Casambi technology provides a mesh network where all the intelligence of the system is replicated in every node and, in such a way, creates a system with no single points of failure.
Such self-organizing wireless mesh network can control a large number of fixtures from any point. It also allows for firmware updates over the network, allowing any kind of changes to be made over-the-air. In this kind of fully distributed and symmetric architecture, any unit can go offline and catch up from others when they return back online.
The Casambi devices are smart on their own and only connected when needed. An Internet connection is not necessary for normal operation, it is just needed for user interface configurations to be sent or recalled from the cloud service.